Effective Online Marketing Strategies For Small Businesses
A Few Online Marketing Strategy Suggestions
As a small business you have more options to market your products and services than ever before. However, while that may sound empowering the massive array of options can quickly become bewildering. The Internet offers a whole new marketing platform and range of ways to get your name out there. If you feel a bit behind the times, like you're running low on ideas or just a bit confused by the diversity, we've included a few great online marketing strategies below.
All businesses should have marketing plans that span the on and offline world but never lose sight of your objectives. The strategies below are suggested for a reason but before committing to any direction always consider whether the method and expected outcome will align with your company goals and targets.
1. Telephoning - This may sound silly for your online marketing strategy, but as the bigger companies continue to drive down costs and cut back, telephoning prospects can make you stand out from the pack. Remember, you do not go down to the pub with your friends only to sit in a corner and text them all evening. We are social creatures and still like talking to each other.
2. Cold Calling - If you hate cold calling then outsource your sales force. Users of this approach claim that the return on investment (ROI) is better than an in-house sales team.
Search Engine And Social Media Strategies
3. Google AdWords / PPC - Frequently an expensive online marketing strategy in the long run but can prove worthwhile for some small businesses that believe they are unable to afford website search engine optimisation (SEO). With over $7 billion being spent by small businesses on Google AdWords in 2011 alone, don't rule it out.
4. Free Search Engine Optimisation - If you are using PPC / Google AdWords as a starting point then finding a reputable search engine optimisation company is imperative. SEO companies that have a proven track record are more likely to be open to offering free trials and other incentives. Tochin regularly run competitions to win free SEO packages.
5. Social media marketing - Facebook and Twitter advertising have become popular for a reason. They provide great opportunities for networking with other businesses and a more personal playing field for attracting consumers.
Don't Forget The Real World Outside Your Online Marketing Strategies
6. Get Writing - Press releases are a great way of getting free marketing. You may have to pay for an expert to produce the press release and get it out there but the price should be considerably less than what you would have paid for online advertising space.
If your small company isn't getting the level of business it deserves, in addition to trying the above online marketing strategies, find some webinars to get more ideas or if you want to get away from your computer screen and get some fresh air, you can always try some networking clubs. Many are free to attend or have low membership fees and are great places to socialise, network and get ideas.