Tweet Your Way To Social Media Marketing Success
Are You Feeling Lost On The Social Media Marketing Bandwagon?
So you've signed up to Twitter because everyone said you should but you haven't really figured out what you are going to say. Firstly, shame on you for being a sheep and blindly following the latest trends without considering their real worth to your company. Secondly, don't worry. You're not the first business person to jump on the Twitter bandwagon without thinking it through and you're unlikely to be the last.
Twitter social media marketing can actually be a great promotional tool for businesses, but only if used properly. It's not necessary to have an extensive five year plan but having goals and an idea of how to achieve them is important. Do you just want to raise awareness of your brand, actively promote your products and services or have an additional avenue for customer service? Your decision will significantly affect the content of your tweets.
We can't really help you with the customer service angle other than advising quick, polite and helpful responses because everyone can see your customers' comments. However, we can give you a few ideas on building your brand awareness and advertising your wares.
Tweeting Ideas For Your Social Media Marketing Strategy
- Remember that your Twitter account is representing your business, not your personal views. Any controversial opinions you may have could damage the public perception of your company and randomly discussing your lunch options will not give a professional impression. There is nothing wrong with injecting some character into your tweets for originality but aim to tweet only relevant information.
- Tell the world about your latest sales, as long as it doesn't invade your clients' privacy. What projects have you finished or what was the most popular product each day. Add links or photos so followers can find your product or see examples of your work.
- Run a social media marketing competition on Twitter. You can either wait until you have an adequate number of followers or use the competition to attract followers but ensure the prize has sufficient value.
- Remind followers on a daily basis of any special offers. Twitter advertising has a very short exposure time so regular tweeting is essential if you want to make the most of the medium. Other users often avoid inactive accounts as well.
- If you have a large product range, tweet about a 'product of the day'.
Social Media Marketing Is About Engaging With Others
- Simply comment on others' tweets, which will encourage others to network with you and show you as an engaging company. Re-tweeting others' offers or competitions will also likely earn you the same courtesy.
- Don't be afraid to target others, within reason. If you find someone mentioning your type of products or services on your virtual travels take a moment to introduce your company and offer assistance. This should be a soft sell approach though with no pressure.
If you believe Twitter advertising is a beneficial option for your business but feel too inexperienced or don't have the time to keep your account updated, outsource the management to a specialist. Does your search engine optimisation company offer a social media management service? If they do, they should be top of your list, as they should already understand your business and can build complementary strategies.