Does Your Website SEO Strategy Cover All The Bases?
A Lesson In Search Engine Optimisation For Know-It-Alls
On our travels the Tochin team have met many individuals who were overly confident about their online marketing strategies. The conversations usually went something like this:
Us (politely): Has your website been optimised?
Them (smugly): Oh yes, we already have SEO, we're number one in Google you know!
Us (patiently): That's great! Is that for Google Mobile too?
Them (warily): What do you mean? We have an SEO package so of course we must be. What's the difference?
From this point their confidence and happiness levels usually decline as we explain that their traditional search engine optimisation package is for computer searches only and doesn't mean they will hold the same positions in search engines on other devices like mobile phones, tablets or smart TV's. While we're at it, we usually mention that Google isn't the only search engine either. By the end of the conversation, we can usually see the cogs turning as they think about how they are going to expand their website SEO strategy.
Search Engine Optimisation Across The Devices
It's not that we enjoy being the bearer of bad news but few people realise that different Internet enabled devices do not use the same search technology so listings for the same keywords may differ. Successful listings on a computer from a traditional SEO package may not be duplicated across other devices so companies may not be reaching the wide audience they thought they were. Wouldn't you want to know so you can do something about it?
Try searching for 'chocolate shop bucks' in Google on your laptop or computer. At the same time search for the same keyword in Google on your mobile phone then compare the results. On the first page alone I found that 40% of the listings were completely different and the remaining 60% showed in a different order. Choco Latte may be interested to know that they appear low on the first page on a mobile phone but don't have a listing in the top 50 on a computer. Rumsey's Chocolaterie's website on the other hand is prominent on computer listings but disappears from the first page on a mobile phone. Both appear to have a form of search engine optimisation in place but just need to improve on their strategy to reach more people.
SEO Made Easy
Most search engine consultancy companies offer different search engine optimisation packages for targeting each Internet enabled device, which can become costly and confusing for the clients. Tochin bring a unique solution to the market though through +Traffic, our one price, all inclusive search service. In addition to many other features and benefits, including incorporating social media marketing, it promotes your website for your chosen keywords on any device capable of Internet searches. It offers a hassle-free, 'all bases covered' website SEO strategy at great value, ensuring your website can be found by anyone searching for your services, no matter what they are using to do it on.