Finding PPC Google AdWords Campaign Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) Success - Pt2
Don't Be Sensationalist - Align Your PPC AdWords Campaign Content To Your Offer
As promised in Part One of Finding PPC Google AdWords Conversion Rate Optimisation (CRO) Success, here are a few more tips to improve your PPC AdWords campaigns.
One of my biggest advertising 'bugbears' is adverts that fail to deliver. Let me give you an example of what I saw this week on a news website displaying Google AdWords adverts for Caribbean Cruises. With the British weather as it is, I need a sunny holiday so I clicked on the 'Exclusive Cruise Deal' promising a 50% discount to see the offer.
As soon as the page loaded I realised I had been 'hoodwinked' and my immediate reaction was never to bother with the well-known holiday company again, but even worse, my faith in the news website dropped a notch.
The chance of a conversion was destroyed because what I expected to see did not align with what the page actually showed.
1. I expected to see an 'Exclusive Caribbean Cruise' offer, not a random generic cruise page.
2. I expected the news website to be mentioned but the discount looked like low-value deals offered to everyone.
What should you take away from this story? Consistency is the mother of conversion rates. Don't make false promises, if your PPC AdWords Campaign and landing page messages are aligned, you're more likely to see strong conversion rates.
Test And Tweak Your PPC AdWords Campaign Landing Page
If you're happy that your PPC AdWords campaign is well-optimised for CRO, you should start thinking about doing some basic landing page testing. You can begin with the following items:
1. Make your headlines more compelling, testing emotive and scientific language.
2. Try a combination of calls to action. Do you want a user to buy or find out more?
3. Will your website navigation confuse visitors or direct them away from your landing page? Try setting-up landing pages with and without.
4. What is your choice of colour saying? Find out which colours put people in the mood to buy.
If It's Not Your PPC AdWords Campaign, It Must Be Your Website
If your target conversion rate is still 50% away from where you need it to be and you've tried the improvements suggested here, it might be time to think about re-designing your website. It may sound drastic, but if what you have isn't working it will be too late to change things when the business goes into administration.
If you're feeling overwhelmed, don't worry. You are never alone and can always approach PPC specialists to help you. Even if you are at the 'last ditch attempt' stage, a web design and marketing company like Tochin can help you realign your business image and marketing plan.